First Aid skills can be the difference between life and death for a workmate, family member, a stranger on the street, or even yourself. Whether you need it for your workplace, your club, in another setting or would just like peace of mind.
First Aid is not just a useful skill, it could also help save a life and minimise the impact of injuries.
Our comprehensive course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to help an ill or injured person until emergency help arrives. You will learn the DRSABCD action plan as well as resuscitation (Including defibrillation), asthma, anaphylaxis and the management of various injuries and illnesses
This unit is a requirement for security officers working in the security industry, under the Security and Related Activities (Control) Act 1996, as stated by the Police Security Licensing Branch of Western Australian.
The unit applies to workers who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
The First Aid unit, HLTAID014 Provide advanced first aid, is nationally accredited providing participants with the qualification to be a First Aid representative in many workplaces and other required situations. The course we deliver is highly practical and focused on real Safety Scenarios that you can put in to practice.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- First aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Managing medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
- Managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- Infection control procedures
- Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- Administering first aid for eye and soft tissue injuries
- Assessing and moving sick & injured
- Coordinate first aid activities until the arrival of medical assistance
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Managing shock
- Communicate effectively for handover
- Evaluate your response to an incident
The target audience for this UoC is those who are required to have first aid training as part of their workplace and members of the public who want training in first aid.
Those either undertaking training to enter the security industry or those currently employed within the security industry who are required to renew or update their first aid qualification.
This will be suited to the following job roles:
- Workplace first aid officer,
- Anyone currently employed or seeking employment within the Australian security industry
Refresher training in CPR should be undertaken annually and full first aid qualifications should be renewed every three years.
Suggested pathways for further study after completion of this qualification include:
- HLTAID005 Provide first aid in remote situations,
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation,
- HLT21015 Certificate II in Medical Services First Response, or
- HLTSS00027 Occupational First Aid Skill Set