Those wanting to enter into the security industry, either as a career choice or as an alternative to seeking extra work which may fit into their busy schedule.
This qualification is about providing the fundamental knowledge and skills needed to undertake job roles as a security officer. This also relates to those where Qualifications and skills have been obtained through other sources of employment or training; such as the Police Force, Corrections Department, Military Service or have held a security Qualification and licence. They may choose to formalise their experience by attaining this Qualification through Recognition of Prior Learning or Current Competency.
For a learner to undertake study with this RTO, the following prerequisites are required before a learner can be enrolled or issued with a Qualification.
- Must live in and have a Western Australian residential address;
- Must have a USI number;
- Have the right to work in Australia;
- Applicants must demonstrate the basic language, literacy and numeracy required at this level. A LLN assessment may be conducted at pre-enrolment to assess whether the applicant requires LLN support for this training; and
- Minimum age requirements is 18 years to complete this course
- 100 points of identification
It is expected that learners:
- Have reading and writing skills that will enable them to understand diagrams; complete written reports; and understand workplace documents
- Are able to communicate effectively in formal situations and meetings
- Are able to undertake basic research for workplace documents
USI Number Requirements:
All students doing nationally recognised training from January 1, 2018 need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). For more details and to create a USI go to the Government USI site here. https://www.usi.gov.au/students/get-a-usi
The course is presented via a combination of structured tutorials, workshops, case studies, video, practical assignments and workplace application. Individual and group work activities and assessment activities are conducted throughout the course.
All trainers and assessors are recognised industry experts, holding relevant experience and training qualifications. They include security industry specialists, former serving police officers, military personnel and emergency response and medical specialists.
The course will be delivered over 14 days, Monday-Friday 08:30 am to 5:00 pm each day (almost 3 weeks). This covers the Police Licensing requirement of 120 hours of face-to-face. Homework is expected.
Alternatively, we offer an Evening course that runs over 4 weeks, Monday to Friday only (no weekends) 5-11 pm each weekday.
You can opt to have a training plan put in place to complete this course over multiple courses, however it must be planned into weekly blocks starting from week 1, then 2, then week 3 consecutively. If this is something that would suit you, please contact us to discuss.
Nominal training hours for this Qualification equals to 148 hours. Western Australia Security Licensing Branch requires a minimum of 120 hours face to face. This will be broken down into 120 hours of supervised instruction and 28 hours of unsupervised activities which includes the completion of written and scenario-based activities; building on the theory provided during the face to face sessions
All learners undertaking training with Core Security Training must consider the following:
Before attending the course, review information about the course to ensure that it meets your needs.
- Advise the RTO of any restrictions which may affect your ability to successfully undertake the training course. This may include any physical restrictors, language, literacy or numeracy issues. To mitigate this, we recommend that you contact the RTO as soon as practicable to arrange for a meeting to discuss a learning plan or training delivery adjustment. to ensure your successful completion of course requirements;
- Complete any pre-course work designated;
- Provide all required information in the documents provided, including a Unique Student Identifier (USI). USIs can be obtained from www.usi.gov.au;
- Attend training classes as outlined in the joining instruction for the course, and participate actively and enthusiastically in all training activities;
- Behave in a courteous and respectful manner towards your trainer and other learners at all times;
- Complete all written activities and assessments legibly;
- Complete any workplace assessments as directed in a timely and legible manner;
- Work with your employer to ensure you have suitable opportunities to complete your post-course assessment;
- If you are unable to complete your assessment within the designated timeframe, contact the RTO to discuss options;
- Retain a copy of all assessments submitted; and
- All work submitted is your own.
To achieve a nationally recognised qualification, participants are required to complete an assessment project, complete course readings and written assessments. Assessment details will be provided with course materials.
Assessment due date – as agreed with the learner and outlined within the training and assessment plan
The RTO will issue the learner Qualification:
- CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations
Where learners have undertaken UoC electives which exceeds the training package requirements, such crowd controller or control room operator electives for security licensing purposes, those students will be awarded a Statement of Attainment for those UoC electives.
Subject to payment of fees; the learner will receive this either on completion of the course in person or in the mail within 28 days of the course completion.
Recognition of Prior Learning is available to persons who have extensive experience in the Work Health and Safety space or related fields. If you have over 1 years’ experience fulfilling a OHS role, you should consider the RPL process by undertaking a self-assessment against the competency standards of this qualification.
Assessment is conducted via a detailed portfolio of evidence, workbook, questions and written scenarios to support your claim for RPL. Further information about the RPL process will be explained prior to enrolment with any of our training assessor. Where you and your Impact assessor can identify if there are any requirements for further training, you may choose to do this through the completion of individual units (at an additional fee).
Suggested pathways for further study after completion of this qualification include:
- CPP31318 Certificate III in Security operations, or
- CPP31418 Certificate III in Close Protection Operations.
Fee for service – Normally $850, but for a limited time $725 (Day course) ($200 non-refundable deposit on enrolment)
RPL – $450 ($200 non-refundable deposit on enrolment) excludes gap training
Gap training per UoC $50 each
This course is not supported by VET Funding. We are priced to ensure we can make it accessible for you whilst also ensuring your education is of the calibre you desire and deserve. Where these two factors meet… you get our inexpensive and invaluable price!
Sometimes, depending on circumstance, it can be difficult to come up with a lump sum the moment you decide to enter into your new security career so we have made available Zip Pay payment plans to enable a swift start! You can apply for a Zip Pay account at Zip.co/apply.
Secure My Place In The Course Now
Option 1 – Secure My Place for $725 (normally $850) – ($200 non-refundable deposit on enrolment)
*We will contact you in the next 1-2 business days to help you get started with your investment and training.
Option 2 – Payment plan using Zip Pay – either Zip Pay the full amount or the remainder after the $200 non-refundable deposit
Course Cost: $725 (Includes HLTAID003, RSA & Crowd Control)
You can also add the Construction White Card for an extra $50 (promotional price exclusive if you purchase this course).
Deposits will not be refunded for students who do not turn up for classes or decide at a later date after booking that they do not want to attend. Changes to class times are allowed, but not within 48 hours of the class commencing.
See our policies on cancellation of courses and the fees incurred.